- Michigan Strategic Fund authorizes relief programs to support small businesses impacted by COVID-19 and recent public health orders
- Application will open January 19 at 9 a.m. EST at www.michiganbusiness.org/survival
- Small Business Survival grants will be administered by 15 Economic Development Organizations covering all 83 counties
- All applications received will be considered by EDOs in the review process
- $3.5 million Michigan Stages Survival Grant program also approved to offer relief to live music and event venues statewide
LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan Strategic Fund today approved two grant programs – the Michigan Small Business Survival Grants and the Michigan Stages Survival Grants – totaling $58.5 million in relief to help meet the urgent needs of small businesses and live event venues impacted by the COVID-19 virus, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation announced.
The State of Michigan appropriated the funds through SB 748, signed into law by Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Dec. 29, to implement the programs to support Michigan’s small businesses that have been especially impacted as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“From the beginning, my administration has been deeply committed to providing some crucial support to Michigan’s small businesses that have been hit hard by the …